Working remotely will be the biggest shift that comes out of this. The idea of fixed ‘9-to-5’ hours, office-space, and global boundaries for hiring, will completely transform.
We’d share some tips that have helped me productively work from home.
1. Turn on your video for all of your calls, and dress as if you’re going into the office.
2. Make sure you take time for lunch – even if it’s only 15 minutes, stepping away from the computer momentarily will help you refresh.
3. Make a to-do list for your day (I use Google Tasks inside Gmail). This will help keep you on track and remind you what you’ve accomplished at the end of the day.
4. Set slack reminders (/remind) to bring important actions top-of-mind.
5. Carve out time to exercise and get fresh air.
6. Get an extra monitor! Extra screen real estate like you have in the office will help you be more productive.
7. Don’t work while laying down! If you don’t have a desk, even working from a dining table has made me much more productive than laying on a couch or in bed.
8. Start and stop working at defined times, and follow your normal work routine. If you usually get into work at 8am, don’t log on until 8am. If you usually leave at 5pm, log off at 5pm.
What are your best work from home tips and tricks?
10 BENEFITS of working remotely! 🏖
1. No more commute. 🚙
2. Protection against the Coronavirus.
3. Water cooler nonsense disappears.
4. Better work-life balance for families.
5. Increased morale due to flexibility.
6. Less turnover and higher retention.
7. Huge reduction in real estate costs.
8. Eco-friendly for the environment.
9. Access much bigger talent pool.
10. Work from anywhere.
Are you feeling my list?